Targeted Outreach strategy is to work closely alongside Neighbourhood Policing Teams and the Anti-Social Behaviour Unit, information is gleaned to determine where the young people gather and what the issues are.
From this information, teams are then sent out to these areas to try and engage with the young people and develop ideas for activities of projects that will divert them from their involvement in a potentially criminal activity.
Work delivered ranges from simple information giving, advice and guidance on a wide range of issues affecting young people to working with and developing skills that have enabled groups of young people to access other activities such as sports events, targeted groups and attendance in youth provision.
We are now recognised on the streets by a vast amount of young people who are more than willing to approach us and discuss the issues they face. Wherever possible we try to help and support them.
Sue Rowley - Targeted Outreach Coordinator
I have over 15 years’ experience working with young people and have extensive experience in working with disengaged youth. I have also supported families and have facilitated numerous parenting programmes across Hartlepool.
Education and qualifications
- IT Level 2 integrated business technology
- NVQ Level 3 Youth & Community Training
- Effective Community Involvement and Leadership level 2
- Foundation degree in arts - Working with young people and young people’s services
- Degree in Educational Studies
- Professional Graduate Certificate in Education in Teaching in the Lifelong learning sector
- ASDAN approved to register coordinator for short courses and community volunteering
- Level 2 adult literacy
- Level 2 adult numeracy
- Child Protection for Managers
- First Aid Training
- NCFE Level three counselling skills and theory